Parent volunteers show a strong commitment to education and to the education of their own child. Your presence at school shows your child that you support his/her at school and how much you value a great education. Volunteering is one of the best ways to become an active participant in your child’s education and it is so beneficial to the school, your child and you. By volunteering you:
- Show your child that education is important and you take time to be a part of it.
- Are able to see how your child and teachers interact and relate to each other.
- Set a good example for your child
- Show your child that his/her parents care enough about the child to come and volunteer
- Help ease the teacher’s workload so more time can be spent working with children.
- Give us a better understanding of the child and family and break down barriers between families and school.
There are many different types of volunteer needs at your child’s school. One of these needs will be just right for you. Contact your child’s school as soon as possible to find out how you can help.